Alternatives is looking for a talented, collaborative Web Designer/Developer with at least 3 years of experience to join our team. We offer the experience of working with a diverse and interesting range of clients across many types of business, from purpose-driven start-ups and non-profits, to Fortune 500 companies.
We are a full-service branding and creative agency, specializing in building brands, companies and organizations through creative design and strategic marketing across all forms of brand communication.
Position and logistics:
This is a full-time in-person position, in a socially distanced work environment in a building housing only our team. Everyone here is fully vaccinated, and any new team member should be vaccinated unless they are exempt for medical or religious reasons.
A typical day:
This position includes working on a variety of projects with a range of clients across digital platforms. Timelines range from more strategic, long-term projects to short-deadline requests, so the ability to be adaptive, shift from project to project and work quickly when necessary is important. The office has a good work/life balance, with limited after-hours work.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing and building digital marketing campaigns including emails, social ads, and website pop ups
- Website design and development
- Brand identity design
- Design of print materials, including magazines, packaging, and signage
- Preparing and sending art to printers and manufacturers
- Creating visual product concept mockups
- Communicating professionally with clients
- Designing presentations, documents and templates in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in digital design, specifically designing and coding websites
- A strong, creative and strategic thinker who can provide solid and fresh ideas
- Strong knowledge of typography, color and visual communication
- Strong skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD, After Effects)
- Proficiency in front-end development web programming languages such as HTML and CSS/SCSS
- An interested learner and listener, up-to-date on technology, design and overarching trends
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies and skills as required
- Experience with CMS Systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, SquareSpace,
- Experience with web design prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch or Figma
- Knowledgeable about search engine optimization practices and social media platforms
- Comfortable switching from design to development/coding
- Understanding of image optimization, effective layout, typography, usability, and accessibility standards for websites
- Ability to create animations in Photoshop or After Effects to enhance digital marketing assets
Any other skills such as professional experience in social media, print production, motion graphics, experience with other web programing languages (Liquid, Git and other source code management tools), 3D modeling, video editing, illustrations, etc. are welcome and a big plus!
Negotiable based on experience and skill levels.
- Full Medical Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Casual Dress Code
- Close to Penn Station, subways, NJ Transit and Path trains